Thanks for visiting! For the past seventeen years, this has been the political history project that just wouldn't end. We work continually to both build a better understanding of California's early political history as well as keeping up with current information.
Our records currently include state legislative races since 1898 and statewide and federal offices back to 1849. As of today, our records include information about 14,303 candidates, who ran in 26,012 contests in a total of 547 elections.
It's probably a good idea to keep in mind that records are really incomplete in the early years (1850s-1860s), and this is all a work in progress. That being that, we always appreciate you letting us know if anything doesn't quite look right.
Alex and Shane
The One Voter Project
● March 2nd was the SD-30 Special Primary Election. (Live results after 8 pm)
● 9 days until the signature deadline for the circulating recall of Governor Newsom.
● ± 11 days until the potential confirmation of Attorney General Xavier Becerra as US Secretary of Health and Human Services.
● 30 days until the AD-79 Special Primary Election
● Approximately 63 days until the anticipated AD-54 Special Primary Election
● 609 days until the 2022 General Election
● 237 days until the 2021-2030 Final District Maps are due from the Redistricting Commission (11/1)
● 387 days until the candidate list becomes available (3/31)
● 455 days until the 2022 Primary Election (6/7)
● 483 days until the Statement of Vote is released (7/5)