Thanks for visiting! For the past seventeen years, this has been the political history project that just wouldn't end. We work continually to both build a better understanding of California's early political history as well as keeping up with current information.
Our records currently include state legislative races since 1898 and statewide and federal offices back to 1849. As of today, our records include information about 14,364 candidates, who ran in 26,076 contests in a total of 550 elections.
It's probably a good idea to keep in mind that records are really incomplete in the early years (1850s-1860s), and this is all a work in progress. That being that, we always appreciate you letting us know if anything doesn't quite look right.
Alex and Shane
The One Voter Project
● April 6th was the AD-79 Special Primary Election
● May 18th was the AD-54 Special Primary Election
● August 31st was the AD-18 Special General Election
● September 14th was the Gubernatorial Recall Election. (History of California Recalls)
● Soonish comes a Potential AD-17 Vacancy
● 407 days until the 2022 General Election
● 95 to 154 days until the 2021-2030 Final District Maps are due from the Redistricting Commission (12/31/2021 to 2/28/2022)
● 185 days until the candidate list becomes available (3/31)
● 253 days until the 2022 Primary Election (6/7)
● 281 days until the Primary Statement of Vote is released (7/5)
● 411 days until Dianne Feinstein becomes the Longest Serving Female US Senator ever (11/12/2022)