Thanks for visiting! For the past seventeen years, this has been the political history project that just wouldn't end. We work continually to both build a better understanding of California's early political history as well as keeping up with current information.
Our records currently include state legislative races since 1898 and statewide and federal offices back to 1849. As of today, our records include information about 14,311 candidates, who ran in 26,016 contests in a total of 549 elections.
It's probably a good idea to keep in mind that records are really incomplete in the early years (1850s-1860s), and this is all a work in progress. That being that, we always appreciate you letting us know if anything doesn't quite look right.
Alex and Shane
The One Voter Project
● 570 days until Dianne Feinstein becomes the Longest Serving Female US Senator ever (11/12/2022)
● March 2nd was the SD-30 Special Primary Election.
● March 18th when Attorney General Xavier Becerra resigned.
● March 24th was when Governor Newsom nominated Rob Bonta as Attorney General
● Next Week is likely when Rob Bonta's nomination receives Senate confirmation.
● The Acting Attorney General is J. Matthew Rodriquez.
● April 6th was the AD-79 Special Primary Election
● ANY DAY is the next signature verification report for the Recall of Governor Newsom (4/11)
● 20 days until the AD-54 Special Primary Election (5/11)
● Unknown days until the AD-18 Special Primary Election (5/11)
● 566 days until the 2022 General Election
● 194 days until the 2021-2030 Final District Maps are due from the Redistricting Commission (11/1)
● 344 days until the candidate list becomes available (3/31)
● 412 days until the 2022 Primary Election (6/7)
● 440 days until the Statement of Vote is released (7/5)