Sunday, December 03, 2023
Thanks for visiting! For the past seventeen years, this has been the political history project that just wouldn't end. We work continually to both build a better understanding of California's early political history as well as keeping up with recent elections and looking ahead to the future.
Our records currently include state legislative races since 1898 and statewide and federal offices back to 1849. As of today, our records include information about 14,543 candidates, who ran in 26,766 contests in a total of 559 elections.
It's probably a good idea to keep in mind that records are really incomplete in the early years (1850s-1860s), and this is all a work in progress. That being that, we always appreciate you letting us know if anything doesn't quite look right.
Alex and Shane
The One Voter Project
● 338 days until the 2024 General Election (11/5)
● 93 days until the 2024 Primary Election (An early preview of what's cooking) (3/5)
● 82 days until the release of the Certified List of Write-in Candidates (2/23)
● 25 days until the start of the Great Early Election Prognosticator of 2024 Contest!
● 25 days until the Certified List of Candidates for the Primary is posted (12/28)
● 10 days until the end of the Declaration of Candidacy Extension Period if Incumbent Does Not File (12/13)
● 5 days until the next Report of Registration (2023: 12/8, 2024: 1/5, 2/19, 9/6, and 10/21)
● Next Friday is the End of the Nomination Period.
● 941 days until the effective date for the Legislature Employer-Employee Relations Act (LEERA) (7/1)