Thanks for visiting! For the past seventeen years, this has been the political history project that just wouldn't end. We work continually to both build a better understanding of California's early political history as well as keeping up with current information.
Our records currently include state legislative races since 1898 and statewide and federal offices back to 1849. As of today, our records include information about 14,368 candidates, who ran in 26,082 contests in a total of 553 elections.
It's probably a good idea to keep in mind that records are really incomplete in the early years (1850s-1860s), and this is all a work in progress. That being that, we always appreciate you letting us know if anything doesn't quite look right.
Alex and Shane
The One Voter Project
● 18 days until the AD-17 Special Primary Election (2/15)
● 18 days until the AD-49 Special Primary Election (2/15)
● 67 days until the AD-11 Special Primary Election (4/5)
● 67 days until the AD-80 Special Primary Election (4/5)
● 67 days until the CD-22 Special Primary Election (4/5)
● 284 days until the 2022 General Election
● December 27th the 2021-2030 Final District Maps were delivered by the Redistricting Commission
● 62 days until the Certified List of Candidates is available (Early Prospective Candidate List is available now)
● 130 days until the 2022 Primary Election (6/7)
● 158 days until the Primary Statement of Vote is released (7/5)
● 288 days until Dianne Feinstein becomes the Longest Serving Female US Senator ever (11/12/2022)