Born: May 2, 1931 in Brea, CA
Children: Trina Heter, Ranene Royer, Len Reid-Reynoso and Rondy Reynoso
Military Service: ARMY
1959-1960: Legislative Assistant, State Senator ???
1965-1967: Deputy Director, California Fair Employment Practices Commission
1976-1982: Justice, California Court of Appeal
1982-1987: Associate Justice, California Supreme Court
1993-2004: Vice-Chair, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
2012: Proponent, Proposition 31 [State Budget. State and Local Government.] (Failed; 39.2%)
- PLACENAME: The Sacramento chapter of the La Raza Lawyers was formally renamed the "Cruz Reynoso Bar Association" in April 2016.
- AWARD: Presidential Medal of Freedom (2000)
- In 1986, Reynoso was the target of two attempted recalls, both led by Michael Bogatirev. The recall failed to qualify for the ballot.
- Some biographies indicate that Reynoso worked for the Fair Political Practices Commission in 1965-1967, but the FPPC was not created by initiative until 1974. Reynoso actually worked for the California Fair Employment Practices Commission.
- NOTABLE MOMENT IN HISTORY: In December 2011, Reynoso swore in Greg Sperla as a member of the California State Bar. In June 2012, he swore in Esmeralda Soria as a member of the Bar. Two awesome members of the legal profession.