Steven Mitchel Glazer
Born: August 20, 1957 in Landmark, CA
Married: Melba Muscarolas
Children: Ariel and Alex
1980s: Press Secretary, Assemblyman Gray Davis
1985: Spokesman, California Supreme Court Chief Justice Rose Bird
1990s-1994: Press Secretary, Senate President pro Tem David Roberti
1997-1999: Member, Orinda Park and Recreation Commission
2004-2015: Member, Orinda City Council
2007: Mayor, City of Orinda
2009-2012: Senior Political Advisor, Governor Jerry Brown
2010: Campaign Manager, Jerry Brown for Governor campaign
2011-2015: Member, California State University Board of Trustees
2012: Mayor, City of Orinda
2014: Primary Candidate for AD-16 (Lost; 22.8%)
2015: Mayor, City of Orinda
2022: Primary Candidate for Controller (Lost; 11.5%)
- BEAT THE CLOCK: Glazer waited to pull papers to run in the SD-07 Special Election on January 22nd. He submitted his paperwork and qualified on January 23rd, which was the deadline.
- QUOTABLE: "All of the refined political instincts that make one a successful political leader completely fail in the Covid-19 moment. Making unpopular choices to save a state and nation require a political lobotomy. All of our legacies should be about saving lives." (Twitter - June 29, 2020)
- QUOTABLE: "We have to elevate our dialogue. Our Democracy is fragile and words matter." (Twitter - November 22, 2021)
- LEGISLATION: Coauthor of SR 39 (2015) which found that "Presidential candidates including Donald Trump have unfairly demonized and falsely blamed undocumented immigrant families for a range of problems and challenges facing the United States" and "calls upon the State of California to divest from" and "private businesses and individuals throughout California to end all business ties with" Donald Trump and his companies.
- OUCH: On October 25, 2003, while driving with his family in Orinda, Glazer was shot in the neck by Eli Polk with a high-powered pellet gun. "The .17-caliber projectile just missed his carotid artery and lodged next to his spine. The perpetrator was caught but never charged with a crime because pellet guns were classified as toys in the criminal code." The shooting happened almost exactly a year after Polk's mother Susan stabbed his father to death.