Born: March 29, 1962 in Fresno, CA
Previous: Public Relations Representative, Valley Children's Hospital
1991-1994: Member, Fresno City Council
1993: Candidate for Mayor of Fresno (Lost)
1995: [Majority] Speaker Pro Tem, California State Assembly
1995-1996: Speaker, California State Assembly
1996: Candidate for Assembly Speaker (Lost; 37 to 40)
1996: Primary Candidate for AD-30 (Lost)*
1996-2004: Special Assistant to the Mayor for Emergency Communications, City of San Francisco
- An incumbent who lost their party primary (in 1996)
- In 1994, Setencich was the first Fresno City Councilmember to successfully run for higher office.
- Setencich was the first freshman legislator to serve as Speaker of the Assembly since Thomas J. White.
- In 2000, Setencich was convicted of tax evasion (understating his 1996 income by $19,301) as part of the Operation Rezone sting (payoffs for favorable land-use decisions) and was sentenced to seven months in a halfway house and two years probation.
- His Federal Bureau of Prisons Register number was 59788-097 and he was released on 02-18-2001.