Michael A. Gatto
Born: October 19, 1974 in Los Angeles, CA
Child: Elliana Vivienne, Evangelina Felicity and Joseph Michael "Jack"
1994: Intern, Kathleen Brown for Governor campaign
1994: Intern, John Garamendi for Governor campaign
1996: Primary Candidate for AD-46 (Lost; 23.3%)
1996: Area Coordinator, Los Angeles City Councilman Mark Ridley-Thomas
1999-2003: District Director, Congressman Brad Sherman
2000: Campaign Manager, Brad Sherman for Congress campaign
2000-2004: President, El Pueblo De Los Angeles Historical Monument Authority
2012: Delegate, Democratic National Convention
2016: Early Primary Candidate for SD-25 (Declined to Run)
2018: Early Primary Candidate for Treasurer (Withdrew)
- QUOTABLE: "Thou shalt not speak ill of a bill in the corridors. You might turn a corner and find the author on the other side."
- QUOTABLE: "I've answered every e-mail sent by my constituents. I've never taken an out-of-state junket. I've voted independently, just like my district and my heart tell me to ... All the while, I haven't missed a vote in 9,370 opportunities, a streak that we are told is the longest of any legislator in the nation."
- QUOTABLE: “The worst kind of manipulators are those who create delays, and then invoke the late hour to urge an unwise move.”
- QUOTABLE: "When an advocacy org[anization] blatantly misstates the text of a bill, it loses credibility with me for life. Your job is to read and advocate honestly."
- QUOTABLE: Discussing the passage of AB 390 (2015), "Our action today was like insuring one bedroom while the whole house is on fire."
- QUOTABLE: "I've never seen Star Wars."
Source: California Legislature Handbook (2011-12)
Source: California Assembly Handbook (2015)