|11-07-2006||Democratic||Secretary of State||4032553||Win|
|11-02-2010||Democratic||Secretary of State||5105600||Win|
Born: October 27, 1955 in Rockford, Illinois
Married: Mark Nechodom
1989: Fellow, CORO Fellows Program
2011: Special Primary Candidate for CD-36 (Lost; 21.1%)
2012: Delegate, Democratic National Convention
- LEGISLATION: Author of AB 1624 (1993) which requires the California Legislature to post legislative information such as bills, committee analyses and vote tallies on the Internet. [Chapter 1235/Stats of 1993]
- LEGISLATION: Author of AB 1787 (1993) banning the sale of mercury and alkaline batteries in California.
- AWARD: Winner of the Profile in Courage Award from the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation (2008)
- Bowen made headlines in August 2007 when she decertified the electronic voting systems used by 39 of California's 58 counties.
- LITIGATION: Bowen was the defendant in the case Keyes v. Bowen, which sought to compel presidential candidate Barack Obama to provide documentation that he is a natural-born citizen of the United States.
- Mark Nechodom served as Director of the California Department of Conservation from 2011-2015.
Source: California Assembly Handbook (1996)
Source: California Blue Book (2000)