Born: June 3, 1936 in Detroit, Michigan
Married: Marilyn Ann Stotko (in 1958)
Children: Four (including Matt Moretti)
Died: May 12, 1984 in Sacramento, CA
1963: Consultant, Assembly Elections and Reapportionment Committee
1970: Chair, Assembly Democratic Campaign Committee
1971-1974: Speaker, California State Assembly
1974: Primary Candidate for Governor (Lost)
1975-1977: Member, California Energy Commission
- LEGISLATION: Author of the Campbell-Moretti-Deukmejian Drug Abuse Treatment Act of 1972 (an assessment of the drug abuse problem in California).
- Moretti was the youngest member of the Assembly in 1964 at age 30.
- SCHOLARSHIP: "The Bob Moretti Memorial Scholarship Foundation was formed in 1984 and is available to California residents who will be attending a California college or university as an undergraduate and who demonstrate financial need, academic achievement and have an interest and/or experience with the state Legislative process."
- PLACENAME: A Bob Moretti memorial bench is located in Capitol Park at the California State Capitol.
- QUOTABLE: "Have you ever seen Jerry Brown laugh?" asks Bob Moretti. "And you never will, probably. Ever once in a while, he'll cackle a little bit. I'm a people reader. I look at people who don't laugh and who don't love and who don't respect, and I say they got really deep, deep problems." [Source: Jerry Brown: The Philosopher-Prince]
Source: California Blue Book (1967)
Source: Jerry Brown: The Philosopher-Prince by Robert Pack, Stein and Day Publishers, NY (1978), p. 107