Born: July 29, 1975 in El Monte, CA
Married: Susan Rubio (m. 2013, div. 2016)
1999-2003: Member, Rowland Unified School District
2000-2001: Aide, Congresswoman Grace F. Napolitano
2003-2010: Member, West Covina City Council
2016: Primary Candidate for CD-32 (Lost; 24%)
- Susan Rubio is a member of the Baldwin Park City Council. Susan's sister is Blanca Rubio.
- Legislative Altercation: On July 8, 2015, while chairing the Assembly Labor and Employment Committee, Hernandez declined to allow Assemblyman Matthew Harper to speak during the discussion of SB 3 (Leno). When Harper objected, citing the custom of the house, Hernandez ordered the Sergeant-at-Arms to remove Harper's microphone.
- Censure: On July 5, 2016, following a judge's decision to grant Susan Rubio a 3-year 100-yard restraining order against Hernandez, Speaker Anthony Rendon stripped Hernandez of his membership in all Assembly committees and select committees.
- ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART: The last time that Hernandez attended Assembly Session was on June 30th. The Legislature was adjourned from July 1st to August 1st, and Hernandez was excused from attending Assembly sessions while on medical leave from August 1 to 19th, 2016.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: In July 2015, Hernandez became the first member of the Legislature to block the Editor of JoinCalifornia.com on Twitter. #SadDayIndeed
- CLOSE CONTEST: Hernandez narrowly won a spot in the 2016 General election when he defeated Gordon E. Fisher by 792 votes (0.1%). In fact, it wasn't until June 28th, 22 days after the Primary, that Hernandez pulled ahead of Fisher.
Source: California Legislature Handbook (2011-12)
Source: California Assembly Handbook (2015)