Born: March 4, 1968 in Los Angeles, CA
Married: Annie V. Lam (m. 2014)
Child: Vienna Lam Rendon
2000-2005: COO/Director of Development, Mexican American Opportunity Foundation
2001-2008: Adjunct Professor, CSU Fullerton
2008: Presidential Elector
2008-2009: Interim Executive Director, California League of Conservation Voters
2009-2013: Executive Director, Plaza de la Raza Child Development Services Inc.
2016-2023: Speaker, California State Assembly
2016: Delegate, Democratic National Convention
2020: Member, Governor's Task Force on Business and Jobs Recovery
- Lam was a Legislative Aide to Assemblymember Judy Chu and Legislative Director for Assemblyman Mike Eng.
- In 2017, Rendon was the target of an attempted recall led by Veronica Osuna. The recall failed to qualify for the ballot.
- LEGISLATION: Author of AB 711 (2013) which banned the use of lead ammunition for hunting.
- Speakership Tenure: Jesse Unruh was California's longest-serving Assembly Speaker from 1966 (when he surpassed Sam Collins until 1987, when Willie Brown surpassed him. In June 2023, Anthony Rendon surpassed him as well, making Unruh the third-longest-serving Speaker in California history.
- PLACENAME: At the State Capitol, Room 317 has been named the Speaker Anthony Rendon Conference Room (by HR47 in 2023).
Source: Biography at campaign website [rendon2012.com] (accessed 6/7/2012)
Source: California Assembly Handbook (2015)