Steve Gregory Fox
Born: January 27, 1953 in Los Angeles, CA
Married: Sharon J. Fox
Children: Rebecca and Joshua
1972: Student Body President, LA Pierce College
1982-1983: Student Trustee, Los Angeles Community College District
1979-1983: Member, Northwest Los Angeles Resource Conservation District
1990-1992: Member, Antelope Valley Health Care District
1992: Recalled as a member of the Antelope Valley Health Care District
1992-2004: Member, Antelope Valley Health Care District
2004: Candidate for Antelope Valley Health Care District (Lost; 9.28%)
2005-2010: Member, Antelope Valley College District
2008: [Republican] Primary Candidate for AD-36 (Lost; 13.6%)
2009: Special Election Candidate for Palmdale City Council (Lost; 36.3%)
2009: Candidate for Palmdale City Council (Lost; 15.2%)
2010: Candidate for Antelope Valley Health Care District (Lost; 15.2%)
2011: Candidate for Antelope Valley Community College District (Lost; 24%)
2022: Primary Candidate for AD-39 (Lost; 10.1%)
2022: Candidate for Antelope Valley Health Care District (Pending)
- CLOSE CONTEST: Fox narrowly won a spot in the 2012 General election when he defeated Tom Lackey by 365 votes (0.9%).
- Bills: During his time in the Legislature, Fox introduced 40 regular session bills, of which 12 were signed into law.
- After Fox was recalled from the Hospital District board in April 1992, he ran for (and was successfully reelected to) that office again in November 1992.
- According to a 2014 profile in the Sacramento Bee, Fox took the State Bar exam 28 times before passing in 1994.
- RECOUNT: In the 2012 General Election, Fox took the lead 26 days after the election. On election night, Smith lead Fox by about 2,000 votes. As late as November 30th, Smith led by 300 votes. The results in the 2012 General election now put Fox 145 votes of his opponent, Ron Smith.