Robert T. MatsuiDemocratic
Robert Takeo Matsui
Born: September 17, 1941 in Sacramento, CA.
Married: Doris Matsui (m. 1966)
Died: January 1, 2005 in Bethesda, Maryland
1971-1978: Member, Sacramento City Council
1977: Vice Mayor, City of Sacramento
- PLACENAME: The Robert T. Matsui U.S. Courthouse is located in Sacramento.
- PLACENAME: The Robert T. Matsui Medicine Lecture Hall at UC Davis Medical Center.
- PLACENAME: The Robert T. Matsui Center for Politics and Public Service is part of the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies. The University of California's "Cal-in-Sacramento" internship program is run by the Matsui Center.
- PLACENAME: The Robert Matsui Waterfront Park is located in Sacramento at Jibboom Street at Sacramento River.
- Matsui was one of very few people to lie in state at the State Capitol. He was the most recent in 2005.
- Matsui and his family were sent to the Japanese internment camp at Tule Lake [California] from 1942-1945.
Source: "Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774-Present" (U.S. Library of Congress) [http://bioguide.congress.gov/]