Robert T. MatsuiDemocratic
Robert Takeo Matsui
Born: September 17, 1941 in Sacramento, CA.
Married: Doris Matsui
Died: January 1, 2005 in Bethesda, Maryland
1971-1978: Member, Sacramento City Council
1977: Vice Mayor, City of Sacramento
- PLACENAME: The Robert T. Matsui U.S. Courthouse is located in Sacramento.
- PLACENAME: The Robert T. Matsui Medicine Lecture Hall at UC Davis Medical Center.
- PLACENAME: The Robert T. Matsui Center for Politics and Public Service is part of the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies. The University of California's "Cal-in-Sacramento" internship program is run by the Matsui Center.
- PLACENAME: The Robert Matsui Waterfront Park is located in Sacramento at Jibboom Street at Sacramento River.
- Robert Matsui is one of only three people to ever lie in state at the State Capitol in Sacramento. The others were B. T. Collins in 1993 and William I. Ferguson in 1858.
- Matsui and his family were sent to the Japanese internment camp at Tule Lake [California] from 1942-1945.
Source: "Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774-Present" (U.S. Library of Congress) [http://bioguide.congress.gov/]