Richard Jose Alatorre
Born: May 15, 1943 in Los Angeles, CA
Married: Stella, ????, Angie
Children: Derrick Joseph and Darrell Joseph
University: University of Southern California (MPA)
1968-1969: Ford Foundation Legislative Intern (Assembly Fellow)
Previous: Consultant, US Commission on Civil Rights
1960s: Aide to Assemblyman Walter J. Karabian
1967: Western Regional Director, NAACP
1968: Aide, State Senator Alfred H. Song
1973-1978: Chair, California Latino Legislative Caucus
1985: Resigned from the State Assembly on December 20.
1985-1998: Member, Los Angeles City Council
- Legal Troubles: In 2001, Alatorre was convicted of income-tax evasion.
- PLACENAME: Richard Alatorre Park is located in the City of Los Angeles.
- NOTE: First Chairman of the Assembly Chicano Caucus
- LEGISLATION: The Alatorre-Zenovich-Dunlap-Berman Agricultural Labor Relations Act of 1975 establishing the right to collective bargaining for farmworkers as well as the creation of the state's Agricultural Labor Relations Board
- His Federal Bureau of Prisons Register number was 59788-097 and he was released on 02-18-2001.
Source: California Blue Book (1975)
Source: California Assembly Handbook (1981)