Ralph C. DillsDemocratic
Born: February 19, 1910 in Rosston, Texas
Married: Elizabeth 'Bette' Ging Lee (in 1970), Wendi Lewellen Lai (in 2001)
Step-children: Gregory Lee Dills and Leighton Wenn Lai (adopted 1993)
Family: Brother of Clayton A. Dills
Died: May 23, 2002 in Rocklin, CA
1944: U.S. Presidential Elector
1948: Early Primary Candidate for CD-18 (Withdrew)
1948: U.S. Presidential Elector
1949: Resigned from the State Assembly on June 1.
1949-1966: Justice, Los Angeles County Municipal Court
1982: President, National Society of State Legislators
- LEGISLATION: Author of the Nejedly-Z'berg-Dills Solid Waste Management and Resource Recovery Act of 1972 (created the State Solid Waste Management Board)
- LEGISLATION: Author of the "Ralph C. Dills Act" (1977), which allows collective-bargaining for public employee unions.
- TENURE: Dills was the longest serving member of the California Legislature (43 years total).
- Wendi Lewellen Lai was both his second wife and the daughter of his first wife Bette.
- Had a brother who served in the same legislative house concurrently.
- PLACENAME: Ralph C. Dills Park in the city of Paramount
- PLACENAME: The Dills Vocational Technology Center at El Camino College was named for Senator Dills.
Source: California Blue Book (1950), (1967)
Source: California Assembly Handbook (1981)