John T. KnoxDemocratic
Born: September 30, 1924 in Reno, Nevada
Married: Jean Henderson
Children: John, Charlotte Marie, and Mary Lucretia
Military Service: ARMY (WWII)
197?-Present: Trustees Emeriti, Occidental College Board of Trustees
1976-1980: Speaker pro Tem, California State Assembly
- It is uncertain if Knox is related to the John T. Knox who served as Sergeant-at-Arms of the California State Senate in 1855.
- FATHER OF THE CODE: Knox authored AB 1424 (1969), which established the California Financial Code.
- LEGISLATION: Author, The Moscone-Knox Professional Corporation Act (1968). This law permits certain licensed, professional activities to be conducted in the corporate form that at one time were not so permitted--including the practice of dentistry, law, medicine, and accountancy.
- LEGISLATION: Author, Knox-Keene Health Care Service Plan Act (1975), which provides for the licensure and regulation of health care service plans by the Department of Managed Health Care.
- LEGISLATION: Author, Knox-Nisbet Act (1963), which first established local agency formation commissions (LAFCOs) in California.
- PLACENAME: Interstate 580 from Interstate 80 to the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge through Richmond is named the "John T. Knox Freeway". Named in 1980. - Source: cahighways.org
Source: California Blue Book (1961), (1963), (1971)